Astoria VR headset has been growing in popularity and there are many people interested in this VR headset which made me write the review. This Astoria VR headset review will let you know about the detailed specifications and if this VR headset is worth buying or not. So, let’s get down to a detailed review of the VR headset.
Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 55mm – 75mm.
Phone compatibility: iPhone, Android phones and Windows phones series with the screen size between 4.7-6.0 inches.
Overall Rating: 4/10
What I liked about the VR headset
1. The VR headset has a three-way strap that ensures really good weight distribution of the VR headset. The weight of the VR headset would be around 500 grams after inserting the mobile phone inside.
2. The VR headset has a nice cushioning done at the corners making it a really comfortable VR headset with plenty of room for the nose space which is usually rare in cheap Chinese VR headsets. The VR headset is pretty comfortable and has a really great designed for long usage periods.
3. The front cover comes off and the phone is held with the help of two spring-loaded arms. The arms hold your phone in the VR headset firmly during gaming and other activities.
4. Apart from being comfortable, it is pretty compatible with almost any phone with a screen size between 4.7-6 inches which is something standard for these VR headsets. However, it holds the phone pretty well and the head-straps are pretty good and comfortable.
5. There is a lot of ventilation which would prevent the overheating of the phones inside the VR headsets due to long hours of gaming. The VR headset has an average design and the overall comfort level of the VR headset is pretty good.
What I did not like about the VR headset
1. To be honest this VR headset looks like a dupe of Shinecon VR headset and the VR Box 2. I have not had great VR experiences with both of these VR headsets so I highly doubt the quality of the VR headset here.
2. The features of the VR headset are not unique and neither they are different from the features of the other VR headsets that we find online on Amazon. You get the same features in the above-mentioned VR headsets which are the Shinecon VR headset and VR box 2.0. I do not feel there is any difference in quality and looks of the two given VR headsets(Shinecon and Astoria).
3. There have been a lot of complaints about the manufacturer where people have claimed that they paid for the order and never received the VR headset or rather received the wrong number of products. The refund policy claims that you can ask for a refund within 14 days, however, there are many people who have claimed that there is no one to cater to their complaints.
4. Sadly, they have a bad customer support and the customers are unsatisfied with their products which are not a good sign, although it just looks like any other VR headset that you would get on Amazon.
6. You have some special discounts if you bought the VR headsets in bulk which is really odd, I mean why would someone buy 5 VR headsets of the same kind unless they have gone insane. If you buy in bulk you get some discounts and for some reason, I believe this is just a bait so that people would end up buying more number of the products. I have never seen any such discounts on the official website so if you have seen it, let me know in the comment section below.
Games on the VR headset
There are a lot of VR games for both Android and iPhones that you can play on this VR headset since most of the games these days are free. However, in order to play the Google Cardboard compatible game, it is necessary that you have a Bluetooth controller in order to pair with your phone.
The quality of this VR headset is really not as great so without wasting any more time on the VR headset, let’s get into the final conclusion.
I was turned off by so many things when it comes to this VR headset. Initially, I felt it looked exactly similar to the Shinecon VR headset which is priced at around $13. Expecting that at least the VR headset will be of a better quality than the Shinecon but neither did that happen.
When it comes to the price of this VR headset, $59 is way too much. You can easily get the premium Merge VR headset at the same price and the Merge is hundred times better in terms of quality than this VR headset. I do not get the hype around this VR headset and if you really want to get a better deal in the same price range then you should try the Merge VR headset instead of wasting your time with the Astoria VR headset.
Astoria VR headset if bought in bulk(5 VR headsets) would cost you around $29 (as per the information on the other review sites ) and to be honest that seems like the actual price of the VR headset. Instead, you could go for the Gear VR headset as the previous models are available for a discounted price and you can easily get more for your money.
Did you get the perfect pair of VR glasses after reading a review on our website?
Do leave your thoughts in the comment section below!