There are many mobile VR headsets out there but there are only few that come with a great VR experience. Android users have quite a few options like the Gear VR and Daydream VR but there is no specific major VR headset launch for iPhones. However, you could use the Daydream VR with the iPhone as well but the app availability is just limited to the free Google Cardboard apps and games.
Even with the limited apps, I would still recommend the Daydream VR because it is versatile and if you plan on changing your phone in future to a phone which has Daydream compatibility then you can definitely get more from the headset in terms of VR experience.
Of course, you have other VR headset options as well and even though they might not provide you with the perfect VR experience, they are pretty good and you can still try them. Here are some pretty good VR headset recommendations that you might want to consider if you are an iPhone User-
1. Daydream VR
Daydream VR is a Google launch and overall it is an amazing VR headset. The headset is pretty comfortable and does give you a nice VR experience, however, you might want to consider a few points before you finally get to the decision if the VR headset is right for you or not.
1. The VR headset comes with great resolution and a field of view that is 90 degrees which is pretty good for a mobile VR headset.
2. The headset also includes a remote control which is amazing to play games on the VR headset. Although you might not be able to play all the games and apps that are Daydream specific, you can still enjoy the other VR games that are for Google Cardboard and that is a huge amount of content as well.
3. It is pretty comfortable to wear and it does not get packed on your face like the other mobile VR headsets. The VR headset is light in weight as well and weighs around 220 grams without your phone so yes, overall the VR headset is quite comfortable.
4. If you are into watching adult content in VR then you can consider getting this VR headset for more immersive experiences as well.
1. Although the VR headset is light, the fit isn’t compact which might be the cause of light bleeding which can be annoying. This can affect your overall VR experience.
2. The apps are limited since you are not using the Daydream compatible mobile phone.
2. Merge VR
This purple colored VR headset is pretty good in comparison to most of the mobile VR headsets that you find out there, the headset is made up of foam that gives a perfect fit and avoids any light bleeding. The VR headset is available in different colors and you can get one of them easily on the official website.
1. The VR headset is made up of foam material and it is very comfortable to wear and avoids any light bleeding during VR experiences. The VR headset weighs around 350 grams without any phone inside.
2. The foam material makes it resistant to any damages. The VR headset is travel-friendly as well so you can just pack it in your bag without any carrying case for the headset.
3. Merge VR has a field of View of 85 degrees which is pretty less in comparison to the best android VR headset out there which is 110 degrees. Although the FOV is not that great, it is good enough for immersive VR experiences and probably one of the best VR headsets out there for iPhones.
4. You can adjust the lenses according to your needs, so if you are one of those people who wear corrective glasses then this headset will help you adjust the lens according to your vision to balance out any differences. This is a great VR headset for someone who wears glasses.
5. The VR headset has many dedicated games and apps which adds up to a lot of content apart from the FREE VR stuff that is available out there for Google Cardboard VR headset.
6. The VR headset has a new Merge HOLO Cube released this year which can take you to the world of Augmented reality as well.
1. The VR headset can get heated up after a while of continuously using the phone inside the headset. You can use cooling pads against the back of the phone to buy some more time for gameplay.
2. You might want to get a Bluetooth controller compatible with your phone in order to have a better gameplay experience.
3. Noon VR Plus
Noon VR Plus has been one of the best VR headsets and it has the gaze selection method which makes the entire VR experience interesting and immersive. The Noon VR was first released and alter the company came out with the Noon VR Plus which is more like the revamped version of the Noon VR headset previously released.
1. The Noon VR plus headset is sleek and looks really classy. The headset has a premium build quality and if you are a person who wants a VR headset that looks really nice then you should opt for the Noon VR Plus.
2.The VR headset is very comfortable to wear with the three-way straps and it is light in weight which is around 230 grams without any phone in the VR headset.
3. The headset has focal adjusters which can help you adjust the lens as per your requirements.
4. The headset has an FOV of around 90 degrees which is pretty good enough for a mobile VR headset.
5. The eye gaze selection makes this VR headset different from others and this feature is pretty amazing but sadly they do not have a lot of content out there supporting it.
The gameplay is definitely interesting with this feature and for this aspect, we need to give some plus points for the Noon VR Plus headset.
6. It comes with a remote feature to stream content from PC to the VR headset.
1. Not too much content
2. Need a Bluetooth controller to pair up with your phone for a few games.
4. Homido V2 Virtual Reality headset
The Homdio V2 Virtual Reality headset is another good looking VR headset out there with some great features. The VR headset had released the first version which was not good enough and hence came out with the Homido V2 version of the VR headset which is a way better option for immersive VR experiences.
1. The headset is pretty comfortable to wear and the headband makes sure that the weight of the headset is equally distributed around your face.
2. The headset looks much better than the previous version and has a more user-friendly design in comparison to the older Homido VR headset.
3. The VR headset is said to have an FOV of 100 degrees but it is slightly less than that. However, the VR experiences are quite good on this VR headset and it does give you a premium feel.
4. The headset has the feature of streaming your PC content on the VR headset.
1. You need a Bluetooth controller to pair up with your iPhone so that you can enjoy a wider range of games.
Hope you found this post helpful, if you did, do not forget to share it on social media with your friends and family.