PlayStation VR is one of the amazing VR headsets that you can own. It is the only console-based VR headset so if you interested in getting a VR headset and already own the PlayStation 4 then you. should definitely consider getting the PSVR.
The gameplay is pretty good, although you might have some problem when it comes to the content. The VR library for PlayStation VR is pretty good, however, after a while, you do feel that the content is limited.
So, if you are bored with the normal PSVR games and want to play some of the games from Steam then you have to bookmark this post. In this post, we would discuss everything that you need to know to sync your PSVR with a PC or a laptop.
So without any further ado let’s get into the step by step process on how you can sync your PlayStation VR with your PC/laptop.
Before we get into the details let’s talk on the things you need in order to get started with all the steps that we are going to discuss.
1. Steam Account
3. Trinus PSVR
Now the first thing you need to check is if you have a Steam account, if not you can create one right now and come back to this page and continue with the further steps.
Trinus PSVR has a free and a paid version, you can try out the free version in the beginning and only if you are happy with it, you can invest in the premium one.
Once you feel you are ready with the basic requirements we can move on to the next phase where we are going to connect the PC to your PSVR.
Connecting your PC to the PSVR
1. The first basic step would be to take an HDMI cable and connect it to the HDMI PS4 port on the processing unit.
2. So get an HDMI cable and connect one end to the HDMI port of the PC/laptop and the other end to the Processing unit.
3. Now get a micro-USB to USB cable and plug the micro-USB end to the Processing unit and the USB end to the PC/laptop. Choose the USB 3.0 port so that things get easier.
4. Plug the PSVR headset to the processing unit like you usually would and plug the processing unit to the power source. You are done connecting the hardware.
Downloading the Trinus App
1. Go to the website of Trinus VR- www.trinusvirtualreality.com/psvr and navigate to the bottom of the page till you see the option Download Trinus VR.
2. Then Click run once the file is installed. Now the process is going to be same like any installation process where you click on I accept agreement>>Next>> Install>>Next>> Finish.
Launching the Trinus App
Now before launching the Trinus app, you want to make sure that your screen resolution is set to 1920X1080 and it has to be extended.
Once you are done with this step then comes launching the Trinus app so go ahead and click on the app on your PC.
1. Now click on Run as administrator. Now click on the install button, once you do this the Trinus app should automatically find the Steam Folder on your computer.
2. Now click on the main tab and click on the drop-down menu.
3. Now you need to click on VR and once you do that you get to choose if you want to go in the cinematic mode where you would be playing a game or watching a movie like you were in a VR theatre or go for a normal VR mode.
4. Now you can click on assign key which would help you to assign a key on the keyboard so that you can reset your view.
Another thing that you can do is click on the checkbox next to the Use Mouse wheel so that you can zoom in on the game when you are in VR.
5. Once you are done with this you need to open up your Steam folder on the PC and click on VR.
6. After this, you need to click on Run Room Setup >>Standing only>> Next>>Caliberate Center>>Next.
7. Click the height field and enter your height and click on next. Once done with it click Calibrate Floor>> Next>> Done.
8. Now press Windows Key+ Shift+ Right arrow so that the split screen on your PC can now be moved to the PSVR. Enjoy your SteamVR games on PSVR.
Some points to consider…
1. Cannot hear anything on the PSVR- This can a be a problem for few so if that is your case then you should try connecting your headphones to the PC and not the inline jack on the PSVR.
2. Tracking/Drifting issues- In the case, you have tracking or driting issues then make sure that before launching the Trinus App, you place the PlayStation VR on a flat surface.
This is one of the major reasons for drifting so make sure that you do not have this problem.
3. Issues with Clarity of the image on PSVR- There are people who have encountered really blurry images in VR and if you think you need to get into the software in order to fix this issue then you should go to the Trinus>> Main Tab and drag the slider on IPD. This should help solve you any issues.
This is all we have for connecting your PC with PSVR and if you have followed these steps and it has worked out for you then let us know your experience in the comments below.
If you found this post helpful then do not forget to share it on social media!
In the case, you have anything more to share then do let us know about in the comments down below!