The Pimax 5k XR competes with many popular headsets like Playstation VR, Oculus Rift. With such stiff competition, can Pimax 5K make its mark?
The 5k resolution on offer certainly works in its favor, but can it help it outscore other headsets in the market?
The best way to find the answer to that question is to go through our Pimax 5k XR review. We will highlight the features that make this headset such a good option.
Rather than just going through the specifications, you can go through our review to get a more holistic view.
Display and Resolution
The display on offer by the VR headset can make or break it. So, does this one pass the test?
You bet. It features 5k OLED Panels. The resolution of these panels is 2560 x 1440 p(per panel).
Additionally, with the field of view of 200, you can be sure that you can enjoy the content with ease. The large field of view especially comes in handy when you’re playing games.
Due to the broad field of view and the excellent resolution in place, you will not face any problems like ghosting, smearing, or screen door effect.
The wide viewing angle will eliminate any binocular effect as well. It can provide you with realism like no other headset. That is why; it has become so popular in such a short time.
Tracking and Controllers
The headset is compatible with the standard 6 DOF controllers. It can work with any Steam controller. Additionally, it is compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 Steam VR lighthouse tracking.
That is why; you will not face any issues while choosing the controller for this headset. It does not include a controller in the package, and therefore, you will have to buy it separately.
The excellent compatibility means that you will not have to struggle a lot to find the right controller.
Connectivity of the Headset
You can connect the headset with the computer using the cord that comes with it. It is compatible with Windows 8 as well as Windows 10 operating system.
Thus, you need not require installing any specific operating system. Ideally, your computer should have at least 8 GB of RAM and, a graphics card so that you can have a proper VR experience.
Any processor which is equivalent to i5 or higher is good enough. When you look at the type of computer which it requires, you will find that it is not that demanding.
That is why you can easily use it with your current gaming machine.
Games on the headset
The advantage of this headset is the content on offer. You can access games from the Steam platform and the Oculus platform. Due to this very reason, the number of games available is on the higher side.
You can enjoy games like Edge of Nowhere, Subnautica, Lone Echo, Lucky’s Tale, Moss, Brass Tactics Arena, PokerStars VR, and many more.
Since it allows you to play games from 2 VR platforms, you can be sure that the number of games on offer is much higher than any other headset. In terms of content, it will not limit you at all.
Apart from games, there are a wide variety of other content options as well. Whether you’re looking to browse the video content or the Internet or enjoy movies on your headset, you can do so with ease.
With 5K resolution, you can enjoy the video content in HD quality. As a result, when it comes to entertainment options, there is no dearth of options. It makes this headset at par with others when it comes to the content options.
It is only possible to use any headset if it is comfortable to wear. The Primax 5K XR has an ergonomic design. As a result, even if you wear it for a long time, there will be no fatigue at all.
Moreover, with the refresh rate of 85 Hz, there will be no motion sickness as well. The weight of the headset is just 514 g. Therefore, there is nothing to worry about wearing a bulky headset for long hours.
It is lightweight and even lighter than some of the most popular VR headsets.
The beauty of this headset is that it is even suitable for those wearing prescription glasses. There is enough space for you to wear it over the glasses.
Due to its lightweight and the ability to use it over the glasses, you will have no complaints at all from it when it comes to comfort.
1. The headset offers a wide range of games. It allows you to access games from 2 different platforms.
2. The headset supports 5K resolution. As a result, it is better than some of the most popular VR headsets available.
3. The weight of the headset is 514 g. It means that it is lightweight and there will be no fatigue even when using it for long hours.
4. It is compatible with 2 of the most popular versions of the Windows operating system. If you have Windows 8 or Windows 10 on your machine, you can connect this headset to your computer with ease.
5. It is suitable for people wearing glasses. You will not have to make any adjustment if you wear glasses.
6. It is compatible with 6 DOF controllers. It means that if you have controllers, they are most likely compatible with this headset. Otherwise, you can buy such controllers from the market with ease.
7. It offers a field of view of 200. The large field of view provides you with a completely immersive experience when it comes to VR gaming.
8. It is ergonomic in design. It means that if your gaming session gets stretched, you will feel no fatigue at all when wearing this headset.
9. It eliminates many of the effects like ghosting, screen door effect, and smearing. That is why; you get complete clarity.
1. It does not come with the controllers or the base station.
Are you looking for a completely immersive VR experience? Looking for something with excellent display resolution?
If yes, the Pimax 5k XR will fulfill both of these requirements. With the help of complete HD clarity and a vast content library, you can be sure that your VR experience will be endless with the help of this headset.
Moreover, since it is lightweight, you will have no complaints at all from this VR headset. It is time to look beyond a couple of rounds which everyone is talking about.
The Pimax 5k XR provides a much better VR experience than the other headsets out there. So, do check out this headset and let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
If you liked the post, then do not forget to share it on social media!