Pairing your phone with the HTC Vive is pretty easy and most of them get it right, however, if you have not figured it out yet then go ahead and read the detailed post on how you can easily pair up your phone with your HTC Vive VR headset.
Now, you might feel like you do not need to do this but when you are in the VR world, things happening around you lose importance and you get totally immersed in the Virtual Reality. So, if you have an important phone call or some message that you are waiting to receive then it is best that you pair your Android or iPhone with the HTC Vive.
How to pair your Android Phone with HTC Vive?
1. Go to Google PlayStore and download the Vive App.
2. Once you have downloaded the App, now go ahead and turn on the Bluetooth on your Phone.
3. Now you need to go to your PC which is running the Vive and go to the HTC Vive app on your PC and click on Settings>> Set up a Phone.
4. Now click on Get started and once you do that your phone would appear in the search. Pair up with your Phone.
5. Once you are done, now accept the pairing request on your Phone and you are good to go!
If you want to disconnect just click on the Vive app and tap disconnect and your phone will get successfully disconnected.
How to pair your iPhone with your Vive?
1. Install the HTC Vive app from the App Store as done in the Android phone case. Now once you have installed the app, open it and click Get started.
2. The next steps are going to be pretty much similar to the steps 2-5 mentioned for the Android phone, so follow those steps in order to successfully pair your Phone with your HTC Vive VR headset.
You can unpair the phone permanently by deleting the phone connection in your desktop Vive software. If you do this, you may have to repeat all the above steps the next time you want to pair your phone again. Let us know if this post helped you and if you want to add any other information let us know in the comment section below.
If you think this post would help anyone who owns a Vive and is struggling to pair up their phone with their Vive or if someone wants to receive their messages while they are playing on the Vive then share this post with them!