Homido is a french company and has been proving its brand value ever since it entered the VR market. Homido has launched some of the best selling VR products like the Homido VR headset, Homido V2 VR headset which is an improvement over the previous VR headset and the Homido Grab VR headset which is more like an improved version of the Google Cardboard.
Homido Mini review would give you all the details about one of the new VR releases by Homido which is the Homido Mini- the pocket VR headset. It is extremely light in weight and easy to carry anywhere. It is convenient and one of the easiest ways that one could enjoy VR experiences on their phones.
Dimesnsions: 2.6 x 0.7 x 2.2 inches
Weight: 1 pound
Official Website: www.homido.com
FOV: 100 degree
Phones Compatibility: 4-6″ iPhone/Android smartphone
What I liked about Homido Mini
1. Homido Mini is a foldable VR headset and it is really easy to carry around anywhere with you. It is perfect if you want to show someone a VR Demo or watch 360-degree videos in VR.
2. The fact that there is some space between the VR headset and the phone leaves a lot of room for you to touch your phone screen and select menu options manually making the navigation easier(although it is a weird way but you would end up doing it even in the conventional VR headsets).
3. It is really light and all you need to do is hold it right in front of your face to get into the VR world. It has no straps or any other way to secure the lenses to your head, so, yes it is not hands-free VR experience. It is more like the younger version of the Homido Grab.
4. You could carry it in your pocket which is really cool. I haven’t seen any VR headset that gives you the freedom to basically fold your headset and carry it along with you where ever you go. If you are a VR game developer then this must be one of the best products from Homido you might ever find.
5. You can easily clip it on your phone and it can fit all the phone from screen sizes of 4″ to 6″. The phone can be android or iPhone, it works well in both the cases. There are lower chances of the clip scratching your screen so you don’t need to worry about that.
6. There are no ventilation issues which usually happens in the case of closed VR headsets. There is no heating up of the phone in the first place so you could enjoy this VR glasses on your phone as long as you want without suffering from the typical overheating issue.
What I did not like about the Homido Mini
1. It does not provide an immersive experience. Let’s be fair here, Homido Mini is a pair of VR glasses so it is meant for a simple VR experience so I don’t think not having an immersive experience is a major setback.
2. You might want to keep the lenses clean and scratch free since it does not come in a box. You might want to store it in a box so that the lenses last for a longer period of time.
3. There is no cleaning cloth in the box, basically, it just comes with the lenses and the manual so set aside a microfiber cloth to keep the lenses clean.
Content on the Homido VR
I doubt if you could play many games with this but it is surely fun to watch 360-degree videos and experiences. That being said, there is too much content to view on these lenses and even if you cannot play VR games with these glasses, the experiences make up for all that is missing.
These lenses are intended for experiences and VR demos that would just give you a taste of how an app would look in Virtual Reality. If you want a complete immersive VR experience then you must look out for the other recommended VR headset we have for iPhones and Android Phones.
The Homido Mini is a nice, portable set of VR glasses that you can always keep by your side and enjoy VR videos even while you are traveling. Although the VR glasses do not provide with an immersive experience but they are sure as fun as they look in the pictures.
You may not get the complete immersive VR experience like the Merge VR or the Homido V2 Virtual Reality headset but you cannot underestimate the fun that you would have with these glasses. I bet, you would love these small portable VR glasses because they surely make VR look really simple. If you want to get the best VR experience then you may want to invest on the Gear VR or the Merge VR which are the best smartphone-based VR headsets we have in the market.
You could order the product from Amazon for $14.99 else you can even order your product from the official Homido website(UK readers).
Hope you found the post helpful!
In the case, you have any questions or comments then leave them in the comment section below and we would be happy to help.